The SRD650 is a rugged handheld computer unlike any other. Our Solution Ready Design allows you to begin your data collection the same day the device arrives on your doorstep. Our SRD650 is so much more than a mobile computer; it’s a complete solution.
The SRD650 is a rugged handheld computer powerful in its own right. We have paired this device with four robust applications: Barcode Compare, Memory Scanner, Asset Tracker, and Inventory Manager. Use one of these pre-installed apps and start working right away. You can also export the data you’ve collected on your handheld device to your computer via USB or WiFi communication.
Design Your Own Solution
Save time and money on software development by taking advantage of the SRD650’s built-in capabilities. We have paired the device with a software solution—the Kalipso Application Generator—so you don’t have to. The Kalipso Application Generator allows you to edit our applications to fit your own unique workflow. You can even use Kalipso to build your own application from scratch. This mobile computer makes high-level customization a reality.
No Hidden Costs
A license to use Kalipso and access to all pre-installed applications are available completely free of charge. Our Solution Ready Design includes absolutely everything you need for a smooth and easy set-up process, saving you valuable time and resources. All of the required accessories will ship out in the same box, no need to buy them separately. The SRD650 handheld computer also features a rugged design to withstand moisture, dust, and 4-foot drops to concrete, ensuring your investment is a lasting one.
The SRD650 will facilitate operations everywhere, including small-to-medium businesses (SMB), and retail locations.
Use the out-of-the-box apps to find barcode matches quickly and easily, a useful tool for picking, material prep, medication administration and much more.
These easy on-screen tools will help you keep your shelves well stocked and your inventory up-to-date. Streamline your data collection, simplify price management, and track company assets using this efficient and compact device. With our Solution Ready Design, you’ll have more time, money and resources to dedicate to other facets of your business.
About the Manufacturer: Unitech was founded in 1979 in Taiwan. As a global provider of AIDC (automatic identification and data capture) technologies with over 30 years experience, Unitech manufactures a wide range of Enterprise Mobile computers, Rugged handheld PDAs, Industrial Tablets, RFID Readers, Barcode Scanners, integrated T&A and Smart Living devices. Unitech products bring value to customers throughout the world in various industries, such as logistics, healthcare, retails, warehousing, manufacturing, transportation, and field service.
|CPU||Marvell PXA270 312 MHz|
64MB Flash ROM + 2GB Flash Storage
|OS||Microsoft Windows CE 5.0 Core Version|
|Display||Trans-missive 2.4” TFT 240 x 320 Color QVGA LCD|
with high brightness LED touch panel
|Keypad||22 keys with a large centered scanning key|
Red : Charging / Green : Fully charged
Red : Scanning / Green : Good scan
|1D Laser Barcode Engine||1D Laser Barcode Engine|
UPC-A/E, EAN-8/13, Codabar, Code 39, Code 39 full ASCI,
Code 93,Code 32, Interleaved & Std. 2 of 5, EAN 128, Code 11,
Delta, MSI/Plessey,Code 128, Toshiba.
|Main Battery||4.0 Watt-Hour 3.7V @ 1100 mAH|
6.8 Watt- Hour 3.7V @ 1840mAH
|Backup Battery||30 minutes|
|Speaker||Enhanced loudness buzzer|
|Communication USB 1.1|
|WLAN||IEEE 802.11 b/g with Cisco Compatible Extensions (CCX) Version 4|
WPA and IEEE 802.11i WPA2 Compliant
Support full range of 802.1x(EAP) including EAP-TLS, EAP-FAST, LEAP,
PEAP-MSCHAPv2 and PEAP-GTC , Static, Pre-shared and Dynamic
encryption 40-bit and 128-bit keys. WEP, WPA: TKIP and WPA2:AES
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth® V2.0 class II support WiFi Coexistance|
|Weight||170g with1100mAH battery pack|
|Dimension||Approximately 135(L) x 50(W) x 25(H) mm|
|Operating temperature||-10℃ to 50℃|
|Storage temperature||-20℃ to 60℃|
|Relative Humidity||5 ~ 95% (non-condensing)|
|Drop test||1.2-Meter / 4-Foot Drop Threshold|
|Software||Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 / 2008|
Unitech Handheld terminal SDK
|Accessories||Single Slot USB Cradle|
1100mAH standard Battery
1830mAH Extension Battery
USB communication and charging cable
Power adaptor with universal plugs
|Regulatory Approvals||CE, FCC, BSMI, CCC, SRRC,NCC RoHS compliance|
Can I scan a barcode off a phone/tablet/computer screen?
Yes, but we suggest a scanner with a linear imager or 2D area imager scan engine because it can read barcodes easier & faster than a laser barcode scanner. A laser barcode scanner has to fight with the screen's reflection to read the barcodes while an imager takes a picture to decode the information.
How do I scan 2D barcodes?
You need a barcode scanner with a 2d area imager scan engine. Laser or linear imager barcode scanners will not work.
How does RFID technology work?
Radio frequency identification technology is an automatic way to collect product data quickly and easily. An RFID system comprises a reader (or interrogator), its associated antenna and the transponders (or tags) that carry the data. The reader transmits a low-power radio signal, through its antenna, that the tag receives via its own antenna to power an integrated circuit (chip). Using the energy it gets from the signal when it enters the radio field, the tag will briefly converse with the reader for verification and the exchange of data (or the Electronic Product Code). Once that EPC data is received by the reader it can be sent to a controlling computer for processing and management.
What are the advantages of RFID?
- RFID technology does not require line-of-sight reading.
- RFID tags can hold more data than bar codes.
- RFID tag data can be changed or added to as a tag passes through specific operations.
- RFID tags are more effective in harsh environments where bar code labels have problems.
What exactly is 'Scan Distance'?
Scan distance is the distance from a barcode scanner to the barcode itself.
- Stanadrd scanner ranges from 1" to 12" depending on the environment.
- Some scanners can scan when the barcode scanner is touching the label, known as 'contact' distance.
- Longer scanning distance (6" to 14") is best for industrial environments.
- Some devices have ultra long distance scan engines that can scan from 20+ feet away.
What exactly is a 'Scan Engine'?
One thing to consider when picking out a barcode scanner is the type of scan engine it uses to determine what you really need. The three scan engines are laser, linear imager, and 2D area imager.
Reads barcodes with a red laser.
- Most common type of scan engine.
- Can only read 1D barcodes.
- Most cost effective scan engine.
- Can read barcodes from 1" to 16" depending on laser engine. (Some scanners have extended range readers that can read barcodes up to 30 feet away.)
Takes a picture and decodes 1D barcodes.
- Can only read 1D barcodes.
- Can read barcodes from 1" to 12" depending on linear imager engine.
- Can read damaged or poorly printed barcodes easier than laser.
- Good for applications that requires aggressive scanning.
2D Area Imager
Takes a picture and decodes 1D & 2D barcodes.
- Can read 1D and 2D barcodes.
- Can read barcodes in multiple directions. The barcode can be upside down or sideways and it will still read. (Also known as omni directional)
- Reading results is almost instant compared to laser and linear.
- Can easily read barcodes on phone / tablet / monitor screens.
What is a 1D barcode and a 2D barcode?
- 1D is a category of barcodes with vertical black lines.
- Also known as linear barcodes.
- There are several fonts / languages of 1D barcodes.
- The longer the data, the longer the barcode becomes.
- 1D barcode is generally good for 8-15 characters.
- 1D and 2D barcode scanners can read 1D barcodes.
- Some popular 1D barcodes are: UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-13, EAN-8, Code 39, & Code 128.
- 2D is a category of barcodes. Usually square or rectangle shaped with black pixels inside.
- Can store up to 2,000 characters. (200% increase over 1D barcodes)
- There are several fonts / languages of 2D barcodes.
- Can only be read with 2d imaging scanners.
- Some popular 2D barcodes are: QR code, PDF417, & Datamatrix.
What is a high density scanner/imager?
Some devices can be equipped with a high density scanner or imager which will allow superior barcode scanning performance on very small linear barcodes (3 mil or 0.003"), plus the versatility to read other common linear symbologies
What is a mobile computer good for?
Mobile computers are basically barcode scanners with a computer attached. They increase productivity and efficiency by increasing the speed, accuracy, and number of tasks completed everyday. To get the best out of a mobile computer, the right application needs to be used. Like a desktop computer or laptop, a wide selection of applications are available to give mobile computers many different purposes. Here are a few application examples that make mobile computers worth it:
Data Collection Applications
The following three applications are considered data collection applications since data is actively collected on the mobile computer to be edited, viewed, or transferred at a later time.
- Inventory / Warehousing - A mobile computer with an inventory application can show orders, current inventory, track shipments, & much more. With an integrated barcode scanner, tasks such as inventory or pick-and-ship are simplified since employees can walk around, scan products, and display accurate information on their mobile computer's screen.
- Fixed Asset - A fixed asset application can allow fast and simple tracking of assets in any business. Scan a barcode, view the asset on the screen, take a photo (if the mobile computer is equipped with a camera), view/edit the data, and moving on to the next asset can be done in minutes from a mobile computer.
- Check In / Check Out - Much like a fixed asset application but with the function to check in / check out items. Record the time an item was taken out, returned, who took it, add notes, and much more. Perfect for libraries and businesses that rent equipment internally and externally.
The following applications may or may not collect data on the mobile computer depending on its intended purpose. These applications require the power of a mobile computer with an integrated barcode scanner which grants efficient work flow.
- Verification - A verification application checks data on the mobile computer to make sure the data exists. For example, a spreadsheet of data is transferred on a mobile computer and when an employee scans a barcode, the application will check the spreadsheet to make sure the information exists. Additional features may include data lookup which pulls all the information associated with the barcode on the screen for viewing/editing.
- Data Building - A data building application can easily append prefix or suffix data to existing data. This is good for anyone looking to rebuild existing barcode data.
Custom applications can be created for any scenario with the right programming knowledge. Please contact us for any custom application requirements and we'll do our best to help.
What is drop rating?
Drop rating is a rating that manufactures give to their device to indicate how rugged a device is against a drop on concrete/ hard surfaces. Tests are performed by dropping the device at a consistent height on concrete. The rating does not mean the device will be damage proof but does mean that the device will be highly resistant to catastrophic damage.
Example: A device that has a drop rating of 4 feet means it can be dropped on concrete up to 4 feet. A device dropped at 4 feet may receive scratches but will be highly resistant against a complete failure. A complete failure is still possible but unlikely if it was dropped at 4 feet. If the device is dropped at a height higher than 4 feet then the potential of catastrophic damage increases.
4-6 feet is the standard height for walking with a device since most drops happen at waist height. If a device has no or a low drop rating then the device is suited best for permanently staying on top of a large desk or counter.
What is IP ratings?
Ingress Protection (IP) ratings is the standard rating for sealing electrical devices against dust and moisture. You will see most IP ratings as IP65, IP54, etc. Each number has a specific meaning. The first number indicates the degree of protection from moving parts (fingers, tools, wires, etc.) and dust — ranges from 0 to 6. The second number indicates the protection level against moisture — ranges from 0 to 8.
|IP Rated Enclosures|
|First Digit (intrusion protection)|
|0||No special protection|
|1||Protection from a large part of the body such as a hand (but no protection from deliberate access); from solid objects greater than 50mm in diameter.|
|2||Protection against fingers or other object not greater than 80mm in length and 12mm in diameter.|
|3||Protection from entry by tools, wires etc, with a diameter of 2.5 mm or more.|
|4||Protection against solid bodies larger than 1mm (eg fine tools/small etc).|
|5||Protected against dust that may harm equipment.|
|6||Totally dust tight.|
|Second Digit (moisture protection)|
|1||Protection against condensation.|
|2||Protection against water droplets deflected up to 15° from vertical|
|3||Protected against spray up to 60° from vertical.|
|4||Protected against water spray from all directions.|
|5||Protection against low pressure water jets (all directions)|
|6||Protection against string water jets and waves.|
|7||Protected against temporary immersion.|
|8||Protected against prolonged effects of immersion under pressure.|
IP Ratings look like this: IP65, IP45, IP54, etc.
Example: An IP65 rating means it is totally dust tight and is protected from low pressure water jets.
A device with no IP rating means it is not intended to work around heavy dust and moisture.
What is the difference between 'Batch' & 'Live' data collection?
If you are using a mobile computer to collect data then there are two methods to collect data: batch and live.
Batch - Batch means the data is stored on the device and will upload to a system / computer when the user authorizes it. Authorization means plugging it into a computer to transfer the data or going through the functions on a device to send data. Some mobile computers require software to transfer data. Batch devices will not communicate with each other (Example: If you have two batch devices, data will not be shared with each other). Good for simple inventory management and asset tracking.
Live - Live means data is transferred to a system, server, and other live devices in real time. Live devices require more time to set-up but is perfect for a high volume inventory management or asset tracking system that requires consistent accuracy and data management.
Most live devices can also do batch but batch devices can not do live.
What makes a device 'healthcare certified'?
Healthcare certified means the device has been covered in an antimicrobial plastic that can effectively prevent the build-up and spread of threatening bacteria and microbes. This includes the scan window, display surfaces, stylus, screws, wires, and plastic.
To be certified, each product is approved in a test lab to meet antimicrobial requirements. Antimicrobial surfaces provide effective protection but standard healthcare cleaning and disinfection procedures should still be followed. Healthcare certified devices are designed to withstand constant cleaning.
What Operating System (OS) should I use?
All mobile computer function with an Operating System (OS) — similar to an operating system on a computer (Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) or smart phone (Apple, Android, etc.).
The functionality and applications available depends on what operating system you choose.
Windows Mobile / Embedded CE
This is the most flexible and feature-filled OS. Many third party applications are available from inventory, point of sale, banking, healthcare, and much more.
Windows Mobile is more common and can be found more in applications using cellular communication. Windows Embedded CE is lightweight & is preferred by developers making their own applications.
This OS is not the same as Windows on a computer which means applications that work on Windows 7 or 10 will not work on this OS.
This OS is the same OS found on consumer grade cell phones and tablets. Android is becoming a more and more viable option as an enterprise solution. For developers and users familiar with the Android OS, this can be a very cost-effective system to deploy. Depending on your application needs and your level of comfort with Android’s frequent updates, the OS presents some appealing cost and training advantages over competing platforms.
DOS / Propriety
Mobile computers with this OS can be found on basic mobile computers and will have very limited features. Available applications are limited to the manufacturer's library of applications or can be custom programmed with visual basic, C++, or propriety software. This OS is perfect for simple data collection or applications with simple functions.
This OS used to be the standard in mobile computers. There are still a few manufacturers that use this OS but applications are limitted. If you have Palm OS with a working application, this can be a cost effective solution.
What types of mobile computers are available?
An important consideration when buying a mobile computer is the type of mobile computer that you want to use. Here are a few types of mobile computers each with its own advantages depending on your required usage.
Basic mobile computers contain the most basic features for entry level applications (simple inventory, verification, etc.). Basic mobile computers collect data in batches.
- Most cost effective options
- Stores data in a basic text file
- Limited application choices
- No Wifi or cellular options
Phone-sized mobile computers are rugged and compact with many available features.
- Compact & ruggedized
- Wifi, Bluetooth, Cellular, & GPS options available
- Can easily replace a laptop, phone, or barcode scanner for business purposes
- Many applications available
The most flexible and fully featured type of mobile computer. Many variations and features available.
- Large keypads with alpha-numeric and numeric options
- Multiple wireless connectivity options available
- Wide selection of accessories available
- Extremely rugged against water, dust, and concrete drops
- Many applications available
Gun-grip mobile computers is the same as a full-sized mobile computer but with an ergonomic gun/pistol grip.
- Easier to use and hold
- Less hand strain
Fixed Computer / Data Terminals
Ranges from vehicle mounted computers to a price checking kiosk. These terminals are designed for rough environments that may be around heavy machinery.
- Extremely rugged against outside force, dust, and moisture.
- Easy to use
- Many applications available
Do you guys carry more products?
Yes! We are always trying to add more products from other popular manufacturers like Zebra, Brother, Sato, Motorola, and much more. In the mean time, please contact us for any questions, information, or pricing on a product not listed on this website.
Do you offer bulk discounts?
Yes, please contact us directly about bulk discounts on hardware, labels, ribbons, or software.
I see a typo/error/mistake — what should I do?
Please tell us! We're human beings and sometimes mistakes are made. If you spot a typo, error on data specifications, or something that looks out of place then please contact us. We'll do our best to fix our mistakes as soon as possible.
Is it possible to try a product before we buy it?
Please contact us for products to test. Some products may require having a credit card on file before shipping out a demo unit.
Where is the price?
Unfortunately, we are unable to list actual pricing due to restrictions. Fortunately, because of our partnerships with manufactures, we are able to offer amazingly low prices on many products. To receive the best price, please contact us and we will do our best to beat our competitor’s price.
To be honest, we probably won’t be able to beat everybody’s price but we promise that you’ll be happy with the solutions and services we can provide.
Who is All Barcode Systems?
Find out in 90 seconds:
- We have over 3 decades of expertise & knowledge.
- We’re different from other companies — we’ll show you all your best options, how to use something, & be your first line of support.
- We offer products at BETTER prices on most items due to our business relationships with manufacturers and their distributors.
- We’ll do our best to beat all of our competitor’s price.