|STANDARD EDITION||MOBILE EDITION||SELF HOSTED EDITION||SAAS EDITION|
|Per PC||Per PC||Per User / One Time||Per User / One Time|
|Unlimited Assets and Locations|
|Windows Mobile 6.5|
|Not Supported||Not Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Not Supported||Not Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Import from Excel|
Who is RedBeam?
RedBeam was founded in 2004, and have been growing ever since. From their launch of their first packaged application to becoming one of the leading software brands in the data collection industry, they’ve tried to stay true to their core belief – to make it as easy as possible to do business – and to deliver exceptional value to all customers.
No CDs to install, software to download or upgrades to worry about. PC-based and self-hosted options are also available.
RedBeam is hosted on Microsoft® Azure™ and delivers enterprise cloud services that invite customer confidence. You can also self-host.
Manage your assets on the go, in real time. Track and manage your fixed assets using Windows Mobile 6.5, Android and iOS devices.
Track as much or as little information as you need. You’re not limited to the number of assets or locations you can track.
RFID & Barcode
Scan asset barcodes individually or read dozens of RFID tags at once. Easily track your assets with one or both proven technologies.
Whether you have 500 fixed assets or 50,000, we’ve got a cost-effective asset tracking solution that will meet your needs.
Already using an asset tracking spreadsheet? Easily import existing information via Microsoft Excel.
Add as many regions, buildings and rooms as you want. There’s no limit to how many locations you can add to the system.
Change field names and choose the fields you want to show. You can also add fields.
Every change made to assets in the system is date-, time- and user-stamped for audit control purposes.
Perform moves, adds, and changes (MACs) fast. Keeping your asset records up to date has never been easier.
Streamline your next fixed asset inventory by up to 70%. Simply scan the room, scan the assets you find, then move on to the next room.
Open, standard-based application programming interfaces (APIs) can be used to help integrate RedBeam with your existing systems.
Role-based user security enables you to restrict system access by function and location. Easily create and assign roles to employees as needed.
Build a report, give it a name, and save it. You (or anyone else with access) can generate the same report again whenever it’s needed.
Print durable asset labels directly from the system. Choose from a variety of options, including barcode type, text and label size.
Active Directory Integration
Assign roles to Active Directory groups to reduce overhead and improve workstation security.
Every organization uses hundreds of assets on a daily basis. Speed up audit activities, and track your assets in real time.
Hassle-free, zero installation. The SaaS edition of RedBeam is hosted on the safe and secure Microsoft® Azure™ Cloud hosted services platform.
We understand asset tracking inside and out. From installation to best practices, we’re here to help!
Work Flow Example
Your software shouldn’t be frustrating — it should work the way you do. If you only care about three fields of information, you should be able to hide all the others. If a standard field name doesn’t quite describe something the way you do, you should be able to change it. If there’s a field you really need but it’s not there, you should be able to create it. You can do all of this and more in Setup.
Simply scan the Asset ID, hit save, and repeat. Add a few seconds to each transaction if you’d like to collect other information about your assets: description, location, and serial number are some common ones. (By the way, you could have added three assets to your RedBeam system in the time it took you to read this paragraph.)
Audit your assets quickly, as often as you need or want to. With RedBeam and the power of barcode or RFID in your hands, you’ll drastically reduce the amount of time it takes you to conduct a physical inventory. How much? If it takes you a month now, it will only take you six days using RedBeam.
RedBeam reporting helps you answer questions like: How many assets do we have? Where are they? What condition are they in? It also helps you know what questions to ask – questions that lead to better asset management: Are any of our assets under- or over-utilized? What should we do about it? And some that affect your bottom line: Can we eliminate missing assets from our books to reduce our insurance rates and taxes? Pretty smart.
Brands Using RedBeam
[SaaS Edition] Can we link to or share information with on-premise systems?
The solution uses open, standard-based application programming interfaces (APIs) to provide automation of the application. APIs are commonly used by developers to integrate capabilities into new web-based applications and existing business management systems.
[SaaS Edition] Every SaaS provider says their software is user friendly. Is RedBeam’s?
Careful thinking has been given to how the user interface is designed, from both a technical and usability standpoint. Here are some of the features we’ve built in to make the system as customizable and user friendly as possible:
- The ability to rename all asset data fields.
- The ability to show only those asset data fields you need.
- The ability to choose the order of those fields.
- The ability to limit functionality and visibility by role, providing a tailored user experience.
[SaaS Edition] How does RedBeam leverage the latest and greatest technologies?
To assist in your ongoing success, RedBeam provides the following support services to our customers:
- Frequent enhancement cycles, with new features rolled out several times each year.
- Upgrades that require little or no effort – and minimal disruption (usually during off-peak hours) – on your part.
- A formal mechanism for gathering customer feedback and suggestions, and incorporating this feedback into product roadmaps.
[SaaS Edition] How will RedBeam maintain the continuity of service with regard to uptime and disaster protection?
By leveraging Microsoft’s Azure Cloud service, RedBeam is able to provide the following:
- Minimum uptime of 99.5%
- Redundant operations in off-site locations, in case of a catastrophic event (fire, earthquake, etc.).
- Back-up servers to avoid service disruptions if a piece of hardware fails.
- Around-the-clock performance monitoring, so issues can be detected and addressed promptly.
[SaaS Edition] What are RedBeam's policies regarding our data and data portability?
All rights to your data are maintained by you. RedBeam provides you the ability to easily export your data and take it elsewhere, if desired.
- So long as your account is active, you have full access to your information, for viewing or transfer, at any time.
- Information can be downloaded in a variety of popular formats.
[SaaS Edition] What can you tell me about RedBeam's infrastructure?
RedBeam uses a multi-tenant SaaS approach. Multi-tenancy refers to a principle in software architecture where a single instance of the software runs on a server, serving multiple client-organizations (tenants). Multi-tenancy contrasts with multi-instance architectures where separate software instances (or hardware systems) operate on behalf of different client organizations. With a multi-tenant architecture, a software application is designed to virtually partition its data and configuration, and each client organization works with a customized virtual application.
Some of the more prominent benefits of this architecture include:
- Greater scalability – capacity can be more rapidly increased, and when new hardware or processing power is added, the entire customer base benefits.
- Improved performance – since just one technology stack must be monitored, it is easier to detect and correct performance problems.
- Lower subscription fees – with multi-tenant, the vendor benefits from the economy of scale, which translates to lower subscription fees.
- Better service – with only one platform to administer, vendors can provide more responsive services, for more rapid troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Faster upgrades – because there is just one single, centralized place to go to make enhancements, new software versions or patches can be deployed more rapidly.
[SaaS Edition] What contract options are available?
RedBeam's goal is to provide convenient, flexible contract options to address the widest range of budget needs. Here’s how it works:
- The service is made available to you on an annual, per user basis through an effective subscription mechanism. This avoids large upfront costs associated with on-premise installation.
- Purchase only the number of seats you need each year.
- Add or remove users on an annual basis as needed.
[SaaS Edition] What protections does RedBeam use to protect our data?
RedBeam Web Asset Tracking is hosted on the Microsoft® Azure™ Cloud hosted services platform. Through industry-leading security practices and experience running some of the largest online services around the globe, Microsoft delivers enterprise cloud services that invite customer confidence. Here are some of the security measures Azure takes to protect your data:
- A secure, SAS70-certified Tier 4 data center.
- Intrusion detection.
- SSL and application security.
- 24/7 security monitoring.
- Third-party certifications for security practices.
All application development takes place in RedBeam's Atlanta, Ga., office. In an effort to prevent breaches or theft and ensure that only authorized users have access to your application and related data at all times, RedBeam has put the following safeguards in place:
- Criminal background checks for all employees.
- Restricted access through keycard entry and monitoring.
- Locked, climate-controlled Server rooms operating with Uninterruptable Power supplies and redundant internet connections.
- 24/7 recorded video monitoring of all facilities.
- Encrypted connections between our facility and Azure’s Cloud Services.
- Restricted access to consumer data.
- Technology-leading hardware firewall with intrusion detection and protection.
[SaaS Edition] What type of support is included?
To assist in your ongoing success, RedBeam provides the following support services to our customers:
- Flexible support options – web, email, phone and chat.
- Support during standard business hours – Monday through Friday, 9AM–5PM EST.
- A skilled, well trained team of Tier 1 and 2 support professionals.
- The ability to submit an unlimited number of support tickets, at no additional cost.
[SaaS Edition] Who else is using RedBeam to track their fixed assets?
Since 2004, RedBeam has been used by thousands of organizations to save time and money tracking fixed assets of all kinds. With increased demand for asset tracking in the cloud, RedBeam is pleased to offer a SaaS verseion of the RedBeam Asset Tracking application that has serve customers so well over the past 10 years.
Is there a help center for RedBeam applications?
Yes, RedBeam has a well detailed help center here.
What barcode scanners / mobile computers work with RedBeam?
All barcode scanners should work with RedBeam on a PC / workstation. Barcode scanners connect to your PC / workstation so when you scan a barcode, the scanner transmit data to your application as if you were typing the data on a keyboard.
The following devices have been tested by Redbeam and will work with RedBeam applications. If a device is not listed here, please contact us for questions.
- AML LDX10
- AML M7225 Series
- CipherLab CP 30 Series
- CipherLab CP 45 Series
- CipherLab CP 60 Series
- CipherLab 9300 Series
- CipherLab 9400 Series
- CipherLab 9500 Series
- CipherLab 9600 Series
- Code Code Reader 4100
- Datalogic Elf Series
- Datalogic Falcon Series
- Datalogic Falcon X3 Series
- Datalogic Kyman Series
- Datalogic Lynx Series
- Datalogic Memor Series
- Datalogic Pegaso Series
- Datalogic Skorpio Series
- Datalogic Skorpio X3 Series
- Honeywell Dolphin 6100 Series
- Honeywell Dolphin 6110 Series
- Honeywell Dolphin 6500 Series
- Honeywell Dolphin 7600,128MB, Including Windows Mobile 6.0
- Honeywell Dolphin 7850,128MB
- Honeywell Dolphin 7900,128MB
- Honeywell Dolphin 9700, 128MB
- Honeywell Dolphin 6000
- Intermec CK3 Series
- Intermec CK71 Series
- Intermec CN3 Series
- Intermec CN4 Series
- Intermec CN70 Series
- Intermec CS40 WM 6.5 Series
- Janam XM 66 Series
- LXE MX8 Series
- Motorola ET1 RedBeam Asset Tracking Only
- Motorola MC2180 Series, Touch Screen Required
- Motorola ES400 series
- Motorola MC3090 Series, Color Screen Only
- Motorola MC3100 Series
- Motorola MC55 Series
- Motorola MC55A Series
- Motorola MC65 Series
- Motorola MC70 Series
- Motorola MC75 Series
- Motorola C75A Series
- Motorola MC9090 Series
- Motorola MC9190 Series
- Motorola MC9500
- Socket Somo 650M Series, Requires 5M Scan Card
- Trimble Ranger
- Trimble Nomad
- Unitech PA500 Series
- Unitech PA500e Series
- Unitech PA520 Series
- Unitech PA550 Series
- Unitech PA600 Series
- Unitech HT660 Series
- Unitech HT680 Series
- Unitech PA690 Series
- Unitech PA900 Series
RedBeam software applications are designed to work with the following enterprise class RFID Reader computers:
- Motorola MC9090 RFID
- Motorola MC3090Z
- Motorola MC3190Z RFID Series
- Unitech RH767 II Series
What is a server / PC license?
A single PC license will allow you to install RedBeam on a single computer.
A server license will allow you to install RedBeam onto a server so RedBeam PC Licensed users can access it. This is different from a PC license.
What is SaaS?
Software as a service (or SaaS) is a way of delivering applications over the Internet—as a service. Instead of installing and maintaining software, you simply access it via the Internet, freeing yourself from complex software and hardware management.
SaaS applications are sometimes called Web-based software, on-demand software, or hosted software. Whatever the name, SaaS applications run on a SaaS provider’s servers. The provider manages access to the application, including security, availability, and performance.
What is the difference between Standard and Mobile Edition?
Standard Edition only allows you to connect cabled barcode scanners to RedBeam.
Mobile Edition allows you to connect cabled barcode scanners and an unlimited amount of mobile computers.
What is the return policy on software?
Software, Service Contracts, and Support Contracts for all our products are NON-RETURNABLE once issued. Please carefully consider your purchase of software products as we are independently unable to verify that the software has indeed been removed from computers/servers. Remote deactivation of software is unavailable at this time. Thank you.
What printers work with RedBeam?
Although RedBeam laser sheet labels work with all RedBeam software products, using a dedicated barcode label printer is often a more convenient and ultimately cost effective option, even for users that print labels infrequently. Some of the advantages of using a dedicated barcode label printer include:
- Crisp, high definition text and bar code print quality.
- Long label life.
- Batch or single label printing with virtually no label waste.
RedBeam recommends these, as well as other, enterprise class barcode label printers:
- Brother PT-9800PCN Series
- Brother TD-4100N Series
- Citizen CLP-621 Series
- Cognitive TPG Advantage DLX Series
- Citizen CL-S6621 Series
- Datamax-O'Neil E-Class
- Intermec PC43t Series
- Toshiba B-EV4D Series
- Toshiba B-EV4T Series
- TSC TTP-245C Series
- Zebra TLP2844 Series
- Zebra GK and GX Series
Please contact us for any label printers not listed here.
Do you guys carry more products?
Yes! We are always trying to add more products from other popular manufacturers like Zebra, Brother, Sato, Motorola, and much more. In the mean time, please contact us for any questions, information, or pricing on a product not listed on this website.
Do you offer bulk discounts?
Yes, please contact us directly about bulk discounts on hardware, labels, ribbons, or software.
I see a typo/error/mistake — what should I do?
Please tell us! We're human beings and sometimes mistakes are made. If you spot a typo, error on data specifications, or something that looks out of place then please contact us. We'll do our best to fix our mistakes as soon as possible.
Is it possible to try a product before we buy it?
Please contact us for products to test. Some products may require having a credit card on file before shipping out a demo unit.
Where is the price?
Unfortunately, we are unable to list actual pricing due to restrictions. Fortunately, because of our partnerships with manufactures, we are able to offer amazingly low prices on many products. To receive the best price, please contact us and we will do our best to beat our competitor’s price.
To be honest, we probably won’t be able to beat everybody’s price but we promise that you’ll be happy with the solutions and services we can provide.
Who is All Barcode Systems?
Find out in 90 seconds:
- We have over 3 decades of expertise & knowledge.
- We’re different from other companies — we’ll show you all your best options, how to use something, & be your first line of support.
- We offer products at BETTER prices on most items due to our business relationships with manufacturers and their distributors.
- We’ll do our best to beat all of our competitor’s price.